the need for cybersecurity training
- In 2017, there were approximately 350,000 cybersecurity jobs that were left unfilled in the United States due to a lack of qualified candidates.
- 88% of IT managers in Australia believe that there is a shortage of cybersecurity skills in their organization and across the country.
- 80% of companies surveyd in Israel reported a shortage of cybersecurity workers, according to a survey by Intel.
- India will need up to 1 million cybersecurity professionals by 2020, with many left open due to a lack of training.
- Based on current training and staffing levels, there will be 3.5 million cybersecurity jobs unfilled around the world in 2021.
the value of cybersecurity training
- The median cybersecurity salary is at least 2.7 times higher than the average wage based on a survey by companies in Israel, the United States, Australia, France, Germany, Japan, the United Kingdom, and Mexico.
- The median income for information security-related jobs in the United States range from $92,600 to $135,000, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Between 2016 and 2021, the unemployment rate in the cybersecurity industry will effectively be zero percent due to lack of cybersecurity skills worldwide.
who should GET CYBERSECURITY TRAINING ONLINE
- You are looking to get into cybersecurity as a career. You could be a student thinking about getting a cybersecurity degree. Or uou could be working in a completely different field but are looking to break into the high paying jobs of cybersecurity. Either way, you want the skills to get a job in this fast growing field.
- You are looking to add cybersecurity skills to your current professional resume. In almost all fields, having some basic knowledge about cybersecurity fundamentals can help you increase your salary. Regardless of your current position, if you work on a computer and are connected to the Internet, then having cybersecurity skills will help improve your value to your company or organization.
- You are looking to improve your own personal security. You are happy in your current job, but are looking to protect your online accounts and would like to start learning about cybersecurity.
Find out where to get online cybersecurity training to get the skills you need.
Find out which cybersecurity certifications you need to get started in the security industry.
Get familiar with the information security industry by following our cybersecurity resources page.