the need for cybersecurity training
- In 2017, there was approximately 350,000 cybersecurity jobs that were left unfilled in the United States due to a lack of qualified candidates.
- 88% of IT managers in Australia believe that there is a shortage of cybersecurity skills in their organization and across the country.
- 80% of companies surveyd in Israel reported a shortage of cybersecurity workers, according to a survey by Intel.
- Based on current training and staffing levels, there will be 3.5 million cybersecurity jobs unfilled around the world in 2021.
- Between 2016 and 2021, the unemployment rate in the cybersecurity industry will effectively be zero percent due to the lack of cybersecurity skills.
- India will need up to 1 million cybersecurity professionals by 2020, which is highly unlikely to meet.
the value of cybersecurity training
- The median cybersecurity salary is at least 2.7 times higher than the average wage based on a survey by companies in Israel, the United States, Australia, France, Germany, Japan, the United Kingdom, and Mexico.
- The median income for information security-related jobs in the United States range from $92,600 to $135,000, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Between 2016 and 2021, the unemployment rate in the cybersecurity industry will effectively be zero percent due to lack of cybersecurity skills worldwide.
In order to meet this growing demand, more people need to get into cybersecurity.
Find out where to get online cybersecurity training to get the skills you need.
Find out which cybersecurity certifications you need to get started in the security industry.
Get familiar with the information security industry by following our cybersecurity resources page.